Friday, February 15, 2013

My Birthday Celebrations

By Mary Salvino, Career Coach


Birthdays mark the passage of time.  This year, I am asking my readers to help me celebrate my birthday by doing something that some would consider ‘unusual’.  Rather than send me a card or a gift, I would like you to do something different.  I would like you to do something that you don’t normally do.  Anything goes: it can be helping someone else; it can be showing support for a person or a cause; it can be reaching out and calling to someone you haven’t  talked to in a while; it can be bringing  treats into the office for your coworkers; it can even be asking your ‘secret crush’ to join you for a cup of coffee.  The possibilities are limited only by your imagination.  

The activity you choose does not have to be costly, complicated or contrived, it just needs to be something that will force you to think about what is important and give you a reason/excuse do something about it.    Please help me celebrate my birthday by being generous with your time and affection. 



P.S. I am not ashamed to admit that I stole this idea from a friend.  If you feel like sharing your thoughts on the idea, what you did and your results, I would love to hear from you.


Copyright © 2013, Career Matters. All Rights Reserved. Show you care and share this article with your colleagues, coworkers and friends. Permission to Reprint: This article may be reprinted, provided it appears in its entirety with the following attribution: Copyright © 2013, Career Matters. Reprinted by permission of the author, Mary Salvino. “Career Matters” is a blog authored by Mary Salvino, the Senior Consultant for SMART Career Planning.com. It is dedicated to those who are seeking advice on managing their career and future career opportunities. If you have any comments, questions, or suggestions, please send an e-mail to Mary.Salvino@shaw.ca.

No comments:

Post a Comment