Sunday, December 16, 2012

A Job Seeker’s Plea for the Holidays: Just Pick Me!



[To be sung to the tune of “Let It Snow - Songwriters: Brian Kelly McNight and Wayna Jermaine Morris]

Oh the job search market is frightful
Am for me it’s not delightful
So I plea for a place to go
Please pick me!  Just pick me!  Please pick me!

My search shows no signs of stopping
And I’ve clicked ‘Apply now’ far too often
My spirits are way down low
Please pick me!  Just pick me! Please pick me!

When we finally meet to chat
And I tell you I can bring ‘all that’
You’ll be wanting for me to show
Why pick me!  Just pick me! Please pick me!

By the time that my pitch is done
You will know without a doubt that I’m the one
Your time vetting candidates will slow
Because you want me! You picked me! You picked me!

You’ll be wanting to hold me tight
Because your decision will be right
You’ll be telling all others to go
Because you picked me! You picked me! You picked me!

When we finally sign on the line
We’ll both know that we’re more than ‘fine’
Together we’ll own the show
Because you picked me! You picked me! You picked me!



Copyright © 2012, Career Matters. All Rights Reserved. Permission to Reprint: This article may be reprinted, provided it appears in its entirety with the following attribution: Copyright © 2012, Career Matters. Reprinted by permission of the author, Mary Salvino. “Career Matters” is a blog authored by Mary Salvino, Senior Consultant for SMART Career Planning.com that is dedicated to those who are seeking advice on managing their career and future job opportunities. We welcome readers to share their experiences, post their comments or ask questions about career related matters. This blog is also dedicated to those who stand a little taller each time they picked themselves up after failing and those who gained the wisdom and humility from those experiences to help others do the same. For any questions or comments that are better addressed privately, please feel free to e-mail Mary directly at Mary.Salvino@shaw.ca

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I was simply checking out this blog and I really admire the premise of the article and this is really informative. I will for sure refer my friends the same. Thanks

    career coaching

    ReplyDelete